April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, June 28, 2004

Welcome to my CR blog!

I just got this idea from Mary Robinson, and it struck me as a great way to keep track of my food choices, and also to inspire helpful comments and criticism from others who do CR. I am a member of the CR Society, and I started doing CR on March 26, 2004. I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian, having recently started eating eggs and dairy again after five years of veganism. I try to hit between 1000 - 1100 calories per day, but what I find usually happens is that I stay under 1000 most of the week and then go over on the weekends, usually as a result of having too much fun! I have lost 17 pounds since I started CR, and I'm quite happy with my size. Size 4 is good, size 2 will be fine, but if I have to start shopping in the children's department, I'll have to think about the quality of life issue.

My favorite food is tomatoes, and I eat them every day. Lately I've started to eat these delicious little Breakstone Cottage Cheese packs, 110 calories for the full-fat version (90 for the lowfat and the difference in taste is worth the 20 calories.) I also eat a lot of cage free, vegetarian fed eggs, hard boiled. I used to eat a great deal of rice and beans, but I eat less of that now that I'm doing CR.

So we'll see how this goes!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Scott Saunders said…

    Hi,

    Just stumbled across your blog and it is great!

    I tried calorie restriction for a while and just couldn't keep it up. Then I read somewhere that you can get part of the benefits by fasting every other day. I did that for awhile, much longer than just calorie restriction, but eventually quit that too.

    It's tough and I'm amazed that you are doing this. I'll keep coming back and see how you are doing. Keep it up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home