April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, June 28, 2004

Welcome to my CR blog!

I just got this idea from Mary Robinson, and it struck me as a great way to keep track of my food choices, and also to inspire helpful comments and criticism from others who do CR. I am a member of the CR Society, and I started doing CR on March 26, 2004. I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian, having recently started eating eggs and dairy again after five years of veganism. I try to hit between 1000 - 1100 calories per day, but what I find usually happens is that I stay under 1000 most of the week and then go over on the weekends, usually as a result of having too much fun! I have lost 17 pounds since I started CR, and I'm quite happy with my size. Size 4 is good, size 2 will be fine, but if I have to start shopping in the children's department, I'll have to think about the quality of life issue.

My favorite food is tomatoes, and I eat them every day. Lately I've started to eat these delicious little Breakstone Cottage Cheese packs, 110 calories for the full-fat version (90 for the lowfat and the difference in taste is worth the 20 calories.) I also eat a lot of cage free, vegetarian fed eggs, hard boiled. I used to eat a great deal of rice and beans, but I eat less of that now that I'm doing CR.

So we'll see how this goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home