April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Just a Few Midday Observations

As I am between the hither and thither of the running hither and thither today.

1) Okra is indeed wonderful. But the mention of growing up in the South reminds me that it is a week after Labor Day and I am still carrying a patent pleather handbag. Now that's not as bad as a patent leather handbag (I was vegan for so long that I can't bring myself to buy leather unless it's secondhand, so pleather and vinyl and plastic do fine for me) but as any good Southern girl knows, you don't wear patent anything (or white shoes) after Labor Day. I am clearly going to hell in a handbasket, no matter how well my RDAs come out today.

2) I forgot to mention that there were squash and zucchini in my veggie stew, which is even better on day 2. I just ate 200 cals of it for lunch, bringing me to 540 so far today (I ate my grape nuts as a mid morning snack and my eggwhites for breakfast.)

3) You know you spend a lot of time at the hospital when the parking attendant calls you "Baby."

Gotta run back to the hospital... more tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home