April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, November 15, 2004

Girl, You Need to Chill With Your Bad Self

That's a quote from my very hip and up to date cool friend, Myrna Perez. I told her I was listening to a lot of Melissa Etheridge these days.

I think today's eating was a good example of sucessful chilling.

You already read the part about lunch. After lunch, in the late afternoon, I ate the remains of the cottage cheese, for a total of 280 calories, and more protein and calcium than you could shake a stick at, if for some reason you were in the habit of shaking a stick at cottage cheese.

Went home, ate 200 cals worth of almonds and a salad of lettuce (romaine) with a teaspoon of evoo and some red wine vinegar. Still have to drink my brewers yeast and chicken broth soup, but if I do that, then my day will come in at 980 calories and over 100% of the RDA of everything except zinc (48%) and iron (68%) and p:f:c ratios of 32:27:41.

Came back to the office to write write write, and wrote another draft entry that will need to be approved by the characters involved pre-publication.

Am now leaving to feed and cuddle my mom's cat, feed and cuddle my cats, drink my brewers yeast soup, drink a glass of wine, and cuddle up with some de Grey articles.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:50 PM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    hey, im always shaking sticks at cottage cheese. and
    most everything else i eat......cinnamon sticks!!! lol.
    yum. and good warming herb to boot.

    glad you're listening to melissa alot too. she could use all our love right now as im sure you know she's recoverring from breast cancer. she's a good one alright.

    in my early days, i saw/heard her play in the neighborhood bar twice a week when there were only 5-20 in the audience. she sang alot of joan armatrading then. it was unreal. she has a song on one of her albums referring to that bar on cherry ave.
    have you heard it?

    p.s. 3 oz pink beans (dry, before cooking) has
    13 grams pro, 1 gm fat and 105 calories. as opposed to most legumes at 200+ calories.
    soak overnight, pour off soakwater, cook in crockpot all day while at work. add 1 c. broccoli during last hour. shake stick at it. serve hot.

    somebody bring me some water.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home