April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Never Got That Cup of Green Tea

Yesterday was crazy busy... I never got that cup of green tea I said I was going to calm down with after that angry letter I fired off to the CR Society list. That will be the subject of a later entry called "Don't Mess With Dean," but for today, I don't have time for editorials, it'll just be the facts.

Yesterday's food:

no breakfast (stuffed from previous dinner)
Lunch: vegetable stew (see previous entry for contents) 200, lettuce with vidalia onion salad dressing -- 30
small glass of regular cranberry juice 90

Then I had to run off the the National Labor Relations Board with three of my nurses because they needed to give some testimony. While we were there (for four and half hours) I walked out to get us coffees and got an iced latte with skim (80 cals, 8 g protein, some calcium)

I finally dropped them back at their cars at about 7:30 pm and got back to the office shortly thereafter to finish some work. By this time I was very hungry, but had very little food at work. I ate a 100 calorie yougurt, and finally got to go home after dropping off flyers at another hospital.

By this time it was almost nine, and I didn't have much food left in the house as I'm trying to clear it out. I ate another vegetable soup container, 200, and then found that my fairy godmother who had been over earlier looking in on the cat had left a pot of beans on the stove, with beans including lentils, black beans, kidney beans, lima beans, etc., stirred with a little bbq sauce and some ginger black bean sauce, no added fat. 1/2 cup of that... not sure on the calories on that because I'm away from my software. 1/2 cup of beans? Anyone, anyone? At least it was a little protein. Glass of red wine, 85 calories.

You guys can tell me where I was on my target after you fill in the calorie count on 1/2 cup of those beans.

Not bad for a super crazy day when I'm out of all my good staples. Too high carb, too low protein (a typical refrain for me) but not far from target and lots of good veggies, beans, etc.

Today is running around again! I ate another 1/2 of the bean stew for breakfast, took my four mile walk (iced coffee, black, nothing in it) and am now about to run around getting ready for the move. I'm technically taking today off, which means that I'll work from my house, car and cell phone instead of my office. It never stops, no matter what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home