April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

You're The Only Person I Know Who Lives Her Life On Greenland Time

Quote from an email that Friend From College Who Used To Date My College Roommate (that's FFCWUTDMCR) sent me, explaining why he thought it probably wasn't safe to call me at 10:45 pm.

It's 5:30 am and I'm at the office writing. I actually got a great night's sleep last night: went to bed at 10:30, got up at 4:30. For me to sleep that long without waking up is pretty amazing. My pharmacist friend thinks I should take bendaryl or something when I wake up, Brian was was horrified at that suggestion. I think I should just write myself into exhaustion every night... last night after writing for two hours I fed my mom's cat (who is so cute and cuddly!), went home, drank my brewers yeast with chicken broth soup, drank my little glass of red wine, and then ended up talking on the phone to a bunch of people for an hour or so, listened to Suzanne Vega for a few minutes (Fruitgirl... do you have "Nine Objects of Desire" by Suzanne Vega? Great food songs on that. "Caramel" is the best, but I've been listening to "Stockings" lately too.) went to bed.

So writing myself into exhaustion seems to be working. I noted yesterday that I can't seem to write in my head unless I am in motion, either walking or driving. I write almost everything in my head before putting it up on the blog, so I write the most when I'm walking or driving a lot. I tried to write last night while lying in the bed with the cat, and I find that only works in the middle of an insomnia attack, not in the evening when I'm just chilling with the furry one.

So anyway, yesterday was almost perfect at 980 calories, and I seem to be re-set. I think that eating a lot at night makes my sleep even worse, so it probably helped that I had very little to eat last night. This morning I'll eat my eggwhites before I come back to work, but I wasn't hungry yet at 4:30 so I figured I'd go to the office, write for awhile, then go back home and eat breakfast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home