April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Just Say When

I've decided that every time I spend the afternoon meeting with nurses in the diner outside of Pittsburgh that I've mentioned a lot lately, I'm going to use one of the catchy slogans that line the wall of the dining room as my headline. "Just Say When" was the one that caught my eye today... other possibilities included, "We go crazy with mashed potatoes and gravy," and "You're always a winner with our blue plate specials!"

Today was a good example of my quick, easy, portable CR on the road. I ran out the door at 4 am without breakfast, which I know is bad, but I wanted to get to the office to do some work before hitting the road for the five hour drive across the state. I didn't end up eating until 1 pm when I grabbed a small free banana at my hotel (110 calories there.) At the diner where we were meeting nurses, I ate a cup of cottage cheese (160 calories) and a tossed salad with vinegar, no croutons, just tomato, lettuce, onion and cucumber. Maybe 40 calories on that at most.

At some point I'm going to have to find dinner, and I'll be looking for some protein... maybe a piece of fish with some steamed vegetables. CRON on the road has gotten easier since I started eating seafood.

I'm at Kinko's paying $0.20 a minute for this, so I'd better run. More soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home