April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Sunday, November 28, 2004

General, Count Me In

Princess Leia, of course. Go re-watch the movie until you find it. As you would expect, I knew the context of the quote as soon as I saw it in an email message yesterday morning. If there's one thing I know even better than the CR Society archives, it's the Star Wars movies.

It's the title of this post because it sums up my response to the latest round of debate about what I should do to contribute to the cause of ending aging as we know it.

For weeks now I've been talking about the blog entries I'm working on. I've spent most of my writing time over the last few days revising them, and they're almost, but not quite, ready. I'm waiting on the final okay from my science advisors.

A preview of coming attractions:

What started as an off-hand question to Michael Rae at the CRS Conference about what he would do with $23 million dollars for anti-aging research turned into a two hour debate between several of the most brilliant people in the world (all of whom are of course CR Society members!) My CR world was turned upside down, and I started to question all of my assumptions and everything I thought I had learned.

Don't worry... we're not about to revisit the quest for the right source of protein. I'm just fine with my eggwhites, thanks. Those hours of archive searches weren't wasted at all... in fact, if it weren't for all I learned in the last eight months, I wouldn't have even dared to ask the questions I now found myself addressing directly to my CR superheroes.

"What can I, personally, do to cure aging?"

The suspense is killing you, isn't it? Well, you'll have to wait just a bit longer. There's so much I don't know, and I've relied heavily on people who understand far more than I do. I'm hoping that their investment of time in energy in me will more than pay off. I may be prone to delusions of grandeur, but I think it will.

So wait just a bit longer... and I'll entertain you with some food related content in the meantime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home