April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Friday, January 28, 2005

I'd Trade It All

Yes, it's a line from that most excellent song that P Diddy wrote for J Lo, performed by Fabulous (am I misspelling? will any of my blog readers know if I am?) on the Barbershop II soundtrack. Great song, one of my all time favorites, ends with a hysterically funny dig at Ben Affleck that goes something like this, as the song is trailing off:

I'd trade it all baby... and that's a lot... but you worth it... stop playing... with college boy.

It's a fine tradition of putting something particularly funny or profound at the very end of the song... raise your hand if you *don't* hang on until the end of "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic," hoping that the radio station won't go to the next song before the part when Sting sings, "It's a big enough umbrella, but it's always me that ends up getting wet." I once titled a mix tape that I made for a good friend "Big Enough Umbrella."

So today was my last day on my old job, and the co-workers took me out to lunch. I had a grilled pear salad, which was delicious. It had greens, grilled pears (they grill pears too?) tomatoes, toasted pecans, and little pieces of cheese. I also had a few bites of the banana rum creme brulee that one co-worker ordered, and the cinnamon apple ice cream that another had, as well as a slice of the brie appetizer that was ordered for the table. We had red wine with lunch and toasted my leaving with a bottle of champagne that a co-worker had given the office at Christmas but that had been sitting in the fridge for ages. I didn't have either breakfast or dinner, so while it was a giant high calorie lunch, I probably didn't go that much over my calories for the day.

It was very sad to leave my job, but I know I'll be seeing all my work friends frequently as I live only a mile or so away from the office.

You know that old poster that says, "Today is the first day of the rest of your life..."

1 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It must be difficult leaving such a familiar, promising career, but we feel so fortunate to have you moving to the new (anti-aging; M-Prize), potentially infinitely more promising one. Hats off to you! BlackMoth

     

Post a Comment

<< Home