April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Another CR Perfect Snow Day

Yes, we are buried, snowed in, covered in white fluffy wet powdery stuff.

Very very cold.

My mom and I walked up to the corner shopping center to have coffee and buy cat food. We also picked up some more veggies for tonight.

One thing about being snowed in at home (well, I'm at my mom's house, but it's walking distance down the block) is that it's very easy to eat CR perfect! This morning: eggwhites. Lunch: about half a carton of cottage cheese, that's 140 calories and tons of calcium. This afternoon: hazelnuts, maybe the rest of the cottage cheese. Dinner tonight: fancy veggie dinner! I'm going to sautee the mushrooms and the red peppers in a dry red wine with minced garlic and then stir in lightly steamed brocolini. My mom is coming over for the second night in a row, since there's nowhere else we can really go and we had planned to have dinner together tonight anyway.

In other CR friendly cooking news, I've just received confirmation that my CR brother from south Jersey and his wife are coming for dinner the first week in Feb. Fun! I think I will make one of my shrimp and scallop dishes... that tends to work for CR friendly company.

I have no idea how I'm going to get to work tomorrow... the snow is so high that our cars are packed in. The roads themselves are fairly clear, but they'll ice over night. Luckily I am only five miles from my office, but it doesn't take much to skid, and the roads near my house can be some of the worst. I have always been a super-careful driver, since long before I became a life-extensionist... as I said to one of my CR brothers the other day, explaining why I never, ever drive in Manhattan: You don't have to be a life-extensionist to not want to die *right now*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home