April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Dish Towels for Inappropriate Holidays

This morning as I was putting away laundry I decided that it's silly to put away my holiday dish towels until next year, so I put out my Christmas and Halloween dish towels even though it's January. Radical rebellion, I know.

Am moving the project of getting my supplement situation straightened out to the top of my list. It has been pointed out to me that it's rather absurd that I can spend hours and hours fine tuning the calorie and nutrient balance in my diet, and yet I have not dragged myself to the store to buy the rest of my tier one supplements even though they have been spelled out for me in no uncertain terms that most people on the CR list would probably pay tons of money for. Most people interested in life extension, it seems, are perfectly content to take pills and continue eating junk. I suppose this might be easier, but my long term interest in food combined with a deeply ingrained fear of swallowing pills makes it seem quite the opposite to me. Still, it's silly that I'm not doing absolutely everything I can with the information I have available to me. At least I'm taking my Essential Mix aka Cake Mix. (I do not work for a supplement company so I can plug my new treat all I want!) It's easy to do because I don't eat candy things anymore, but I still miss things like sweet tarts and fun dip, and the new AOR powdered multi tastes exactly like a sweet tart in cake mix form. You can eat it with a spoon. VLC tried it and loved it. I'm not sure if it's available in the US yet, but if you have a problem with swallowing pills, this is a good thing to have. www.aor.ca if you want some of your very own.

I'm driving out to Pittsburgh again today, taking the entire tin of Essential Mix with me because I haven't yet figured out a good way to carry small bits of it on the road. It's a beautiful day, perfect for driving the PA Turpike. Meeting in the diner with the catchy slogans on the wall, then into the hotel with the wireless internet connection to write most of the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home