April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Re-Entry Shock

Oh bloggiefriends, I owe you so much text, and I'm sorry I've been such a bad bloggergirl lately.

Starting a new job, starting a new relationship, and meeting the most brilliant, visionary men on earth has kept me rather busy.

I flew back to Philly on Thursday, and flying Calgary to Philly is an all day event. MR packed me a delicious lunch: one of his stews and a the leftovers of my tomato and artichoke heart salad. He forgot, however, to pack my hazelnuts, so I ended up lowfat. I think it's funny how the two things he's forgotten to pack me so far have been a) breakfast b) fat source. Bloggiefriends who have not just crawled out from under a breakfast-skipping high carb darkness rock should know why this is amusing to me.

I ended up being pretty hungry in the airport, so I ate a salad with a glass of pinot noir. I got carded to order the pinot noir! CR working? MR later figured out that he had cheated me of hazelnuts, and that's no doubt why I was hungry.

Yesterday went okay... had a salad of arugula, romaine, tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers and grilled chicken at lunch. For dinner I went out with a bunch of my friends at a great Italian place in Center City Philly. I split eggplant rolls that had asparagus, eggplant, goat cheese, and basil with the rest of the table, and then I ordered the scallop appetizer as my entree -- three sea scallops drizzled with balsamic vinegar. It would have been a great CR dinner except that I ate a few bites of the mocha creme brulee (hello Roderick) and the canollis. Between that and a couple of glasses of wine, I was way over-carbed, and sure enough, I felt crappy this morning. Gotta get back to the Zone perfect high protein low calorie nutrient dense MR inspired lifestyle that makes me so happy.

This morning I ate some free range organic turkey that I found in my fridge (I'm fairly sure my mom left it there) for breakfast, along with a tiny spoonful of flax oil. Just shot the flax oil... didn't bother putting it on anything.

Tonight my mom is coming over for dinner and to make Skype, this thing that will allow me to receive calls on my computer, to work. I'm making MR's breakfast salad for dinner, with some shrimp in the middle for protein. Flax and olive oil with balsamic vinegar and salsa for dressing. Last night MR made one of my shrimp recipes at his house... if we just eat each others' recipes when we're apart, it will be like we're together all the time, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home