April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, February 07, 2005

CR Heaven

Hello, bloggiefriends.

I am in CR heaven. All-Inclusive CR Spa and Resort. Cue Stevie Wonder's "Don't You Worry Bout a Thing." All calorie counts done, all meals perfectly Zoned, my AOR supplements handed to me at exactly the right moment... all I have to do is raise millions of dollars for the M Prize (that's www.mprize.org) and figure out what to cook for dinner for Aubrey de Grey.

Life has never been so good.

Here's what I've been eating:

Yesterday: nothing until I got here but two cups of coffee. I flew for 11 hours, okay! It's really a long way from Philly to Calgary. I didn't feel like eating before I left, didn't want to eat airport food, and would have sooner stuck needles in my hands than eaten the "snack" they had on the plane (salami slices, cheese, crackers, and oreo cookies? I ask you!) But when I got here a magical CR feast appeared (well, I helped weigh the food and chop vegetables.) My favorite: MR's CR Zoned pizzas on low carb tortillas. Y'all knew where I was when I mentioned that before, didn't you? Can't pull one over on my faithful bloggiefriends... not that I would want to! Wheat bran for fiber on the side, glass of pinot noir, orange slice (eat the peel!).

Today:
breakfast: kefir (yes, it sounds like I am drinking my cat), whey powder, berries, salad with yu choi, mustard greens, kale, romaine lettuce, gailan, flax oil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salsa, green peppers, tomatoes. Oh my God it is so good! Coffee... we're okay with coffee.

Lunch: Sherm's binging brownie! SOOOO yummy! Further proof that I could live a very happy life hanging out with only CR'd M Prize donors named Michael.

Dinner... I don't know... MR has started working on cooking but I've been here communicating with M Prize donors while he does that so I'm not sure what he's cooking.

Aubrey is flying in tomorrow! Yes, everyone, tomorrow I am going to meet anti-aging superhero Aubrey de Grey. What will I say when I first meet him? Will I throw my arms around him and say "I feel like I know you! I've read everything you've ever written!" That's what I did when I met MR, though it's not technically true that I've read everything Aubrey's ever written. My cat has eaten a large number of his articles, though. Will I jump up and down and scream like a fourteen year old at a Backstreet Boys concert? Will I demand an autograph? My CR sister from the UK warns me that the British are not so emotional as those of us from the former colonies in North America, so maybe I should attempt to restrain myself from jumping up and down and screeching. At the very least I can hold off on asking for an autograph until he's had time to recover from the journey.

I am such a geeky fangirl. And yes, that's a paraphrase of an MR post to the list re: David Sinclair. A refrigerator magnet to the first archive-searching bloggie friend to run down the reference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home