April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Are You Ready For Another Life?

Everything is different now.

Volume three.

Today's food:

eggwhites and flax oil: 165

1 cup cottage cheese: 160
100g kale: 50
1 teaspoon flax oil + 1 tablespoon olive oil: 80

2 tablespoons brewers yeast in two cups of free range organic chicken broth
with half a bag of frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots: 265

glass of red wine: 100
hazelnuts: 100 (yes, I still have nuts in my freezer. I'm not anti-nut, I just prefer flax oil for omega 3 balance. as they say, everything is different now.)

Software says: 920
P:F:C 51-29-20
90% calcium, 48% iron, 35% zinc, 39% panto acid. Way over 100% on everything else -- way, way over on some.

403% copper? Huh? Where's that coming from? MR -- what's up with my zinc and copper balance? You may need to write a guest issue on that topic.

I am finding it comforting to be back with my happy foods. The eggwhites were so delicious this morning! And my brewers yeast soup... yum!

CR is a different kind of life, but I can't imagine going back to how I was before.

I am still listening to "Everything Is Different Now."

1 Comments:

  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger Mary Robinson said…

    Brewer's yeast has lots of copper. Are you sure you are entering quantities correctly? Powder tablespoons weigh a lot less than liquid. I was using yeast to get my B vitamins up - but then I am really allergic to it and it breaks my face out. Without yeast, you would be struggling to make 100% of the Bs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home