April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, March 07, 2005

The MR Button On My Scale Is Broken!

Recently we had a discussion about how we CR people appreciate the finer points of food scale accuracy and performance. Well, after spending eleven days with MR and his digital scale, I could no longer handle the inexactness of either a non-digital scale or just figuring things out from the package. So my mother got on e Bay and ordered me a great scale. Only $36! And here's all it does:

It has a tare function, so you don't have to constantly subtract for the bowl or whatever. It has this book of codes for food, and if you put a food on the scale, punch in its code, it will give you the calories, fat grams, protein grams, carbs, and cholesterol. Isn't that awesome! My mom and I played with it for about half an hour when I first got it. Hours of entetainment for the entire family.

The only problem is, it has this button that says "MR." When I hit the button, obviously I expect MR to appear. So far this hasn't happened, which leads me to think that the MR button is somehow malfunctioning. Since the scale has so many other good points, I guess I will let it slide, but I was mightily disappointed that the MR button didn't cause MR to appear.

Yesterday was a good CR day. Atkins nutritional bar for breakfast (more about those in a minute), eggwhites with flax oil for lunch, and for dinner I met a friend at a brew pub, where I had a salad that was grilled shrimp over romaine lettuce with sauteed red pepper, tomato, squash and zucchini on top. Quite delicious. I also had some beer, which I only drink these days when I'm either a) at a place that brews their own beer or b) with Aubrey de Grey. Other than that, it's red wine for me.

Today has been a light day. I'm feeling a bit under the weather and not very hungry, but I'm eating protein and omega three's when I eat. I had my eggwhites and flax oil at about noon... events conspired this morning to prevent me from eating breakfast.

More soon... back to work. Yahoo is having some sort of issues now so I can't get into my email, and figured I'd say hi to the bloggiefriends in the interim.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Which make and model of scale is it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home