April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

No Need for LA Weight Loss

I have only seconds to blog, but I wanted to tell you a funny story.

I went to pick up the keys to my new apartment (which is so totally awesome but more on that later!) and in the move in packet there were many coupons and advertisements. The rental agent was going over them and one for LA Weight Loss came up. We both giggled a bit... I mean, even at technically underweight (108 now) I am still much more J Lo than Kate Moss... but I clearly didn't need that particular coupon.

I had lowfat vegetarian black bean soup for lunch (180 cals, 18 g protein) and a mixed greens salad with full fat dressing (I figured I couldn't show my typing on the blog unless I ate some olive oil, after the latest round of high carb confessions.) It's been a big day for beans, probably since my eggwhites are gone but I continue to crave protein. I think it's a good sign that I'm wanting protein now... it used to be a major struggle. And soon I'll be all in my new place with a gas stove and I can sizzle up all the eggwhite omlets I want!

Tonight will be... probably collards and kale. You thought I was joking about eating the whole bag, didn't you?

More tomorrow!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yo! J LO!

    Watch the glycemic index for those beans? They ramp my blood sugar when overcooked. When I cook my beans (except kidney beans) I go pretty light on the cooking time. Do you have a blood-sugar tester yet? Being a nurse or nurse-type, I take it you're not afraid of a little pin prick? I used to be the gutless wonder around 'em -- a trait inherited from my mom.. 'was absolutely terrified of needles in general -- but now there's never a problem, whatsoeverrr. Yea! 'am so proud! ;0) Hmm, {spoken in third person as a psychoanalysist} might this be yet another indication of k enjoying, perhaps a bit TOO much, his practice of CR? hey, whatever it takes!

    On the kale 'n collards dinner, it does have a nice ring, & it'd certainly beat fish n' chips, but c'mon now, CR sis, don't be a stranger to that DWIDP nutritional software! I'm not saying not to eat it -- the 'ole "clear the fridge" dinner -- just be aware, as I'm sure you are, what you're eating (a bunch of nutritious fiber), and what you're not.
    kenton

     

Post a Comment

<< Home