April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Sunday, November 21, 2004

0 Petite

Well, now I'm back from The Mall, the King of Prussia Mall that is, and I'm feeling a little better. Thanks to all for your emails re: Katherine... it cheers me up a lot to know that there are blog friends out there thinking of me!

Meanwhile, back at the mall, I went to the Ann Taylor, found the one black suit in 0 petite, tried it on, it fit, I bought it. That was easy. At the risk of beating a dead horse, CR is not about weight loss. It's a side effect. But it's a pretty noticable side effect.

I also did a little more shopping, picked up some interesting sauces at William Sonoma to put on food, bought a new cranberry scented candle for my living room. There must be something about human nature that forces people, when confronted with a candle that is clearly labeled "unscented" to pick it up and smell it. I did it, and everyone else I observed in the Pottery Barn did it too. This is obviously a great project for a psych grad student out there somewhere.

I had a half cup of eggwhites over spinach for breakfast, along with 180 calories worth of cottage cheese. Put the green chile sauce over both. I thought it was a good sign that I was hungry this morning, since I tend to stop eating when I'm stressed out or sad. Kieffer is doing okay... I distracted him by playing with a whole walnut on the floor. He really enjoyed chasing it around and batting at it. CR has brought walnuts into my life, and thereby provided my cat with a new toy.

Tonight my mom is coming over for dinner (I'm going to be out of town all next week so I won't see her after tonight -- for those of you who are confused, we live a couple of blocks from each other, so it's easy for us to hang out. We lived in separate states for 12 years, then decided we liked to be in the same general area, so now here we are) and I'm making scallops with some of my new Williams Sonoma sauce, green beans, romaine lettuce salad with tomato. I was just entering everything in advance in my DWIDP, and figured out that if I eat my chicken broth brewers yeast soup and a fourth cup of hazelnuts (my mom found some for me, yea!) I can get my RDA's up over 100% for everything except just under on the usual suspects Zinc 54%, Iron 49%, and hey, what's up with vitamin C? I'm usually way over on vitamin C, and today it's hanging out at 74%. Well, I get so much vitamin C most days that I'm not going to mess with it. P:F:C 43:23:34. If I add some olive oil to the salad (or maybe to the soup... I put the lemon herb evoo in last night and it was delicious!) I can up that... let's try it... yea! 40:28:32. Sounds like a plan. I really don't understand how anyone can do this without software. For those who eat the same thing every day, and those who have been doing it so long that they know what to do, I suppose it's possible, but I eat basically the same foods every day and I'm lost without my software to help me figure out the combinations. I mean, left to my own devices without the little ratios staring at me from the DWIDP, I would eat only traces of fat. I wonder if it will ever come naturally to me. Such a freak accident that I came of cooking age in the lowfat era.

Ah, but the no fat no protein -> now crisis was beaten to death in the blog months ago, and I'm sure you guys will run screaming away from your computer if I rehash it again.

I'm going to be in Pittsburgh tomorrow, so I'll have another five hour drive to write in my head. The next night I fly to Greensboro, NC to spend Thanksgiving with my dad and his side of the family. I'll be away from my DWIDP for a long time, and I'm worried about it. Luckily, my dad is an amazing cook, and cooks really fresh veggies and good seafood stuff. He also uses evoo rather liberally so I'll be eating fat. Protein sources mostly from fish. Thanksgiving Day I think I'll eat some of the New England clam chowder, something we have every year, but not much. There are tons of salads and vegetables so it shouldn't be a problem to eat fairly well.

Thanks again all for your support... I have the best blog readers on earth!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:55 AM, Blogger D said…

    WOW! Congrats on the dress size! Your family is going to be so proud!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home