April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Friday, December 03, 2004

Dead Fish On the Road

No, this isn't an entry about an overturned seafood truck on the PA Turnpike. It's what I ate for dinner last night.

Eating CR friendly on the road is one of my specialties, since I travel constantly for work. Last night I was hungry after four hours of meetings, so I wanted something real, not my usual apple from the hotel fruit basket that I often have for dinner on the road, in an attempt to save both calories and money. I had recently said in an unrelated conversation that my CR practice is easy and portable, even portable to an Italian restaurant. So I decided to try that out, and stopped at an Italian place near my hotel. I ate a piece of salmon cooked in lemon and olive oil, with steamed broccoli and red pepper on the side, and a salad with olive oil and vinegar. Hard to estimate the cals, but can't have gone over 1000 in the entire day because I had eaten fewer than 200 prior to dinner. Had a nice glass of wine with dinner, then went back to my hotel to finish some work calls and crash. Even when on the road, I typically work till 9 pm or later. And then up at 4 am to drive back to Philly!

Today I skipped breakfast... I'm going back to my old ways, I know, but I had to hit the road early. For lunch I had a salad with romaine, tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, and cucumber, with olive oil and vinegar. I had a little plate of pineapple, strawberries, and melon for dessert. Tonight there's a work party that I have to go to: one of the groups of nurses I work with is having their annual holiday party. I'll just have a glass of wine and put enough food on my plate to look normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home