April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, December 06, 2004

"I'm With You Too!"

In a seamless continuation of Return of the Jedi dialogue, CR Brother Karsten signed on to be one of the Three Hundred yesterday! And yes, that is the exact line he wrote me when he told me he'd do it. Everyone else seems to be living in the Star Wars movies right along with me.

Thanks also to all the blog readers who clicked on www.mprize.org and contributed! I was worried when I first started talking about non-CR ways to extend life that you guys might get mad and take your blog time elsewhere. I'll take your contributions as a ringing endorsement, and as a sign that CR folks aren't just interested in eating better vegetables, we're in it for the really, really long haul.

I got an off blog email from a reader who was having trouble accessing the place where you can contribute. Try this: Go to www.mprize.org, click "Contribute" (near the pic of the cute mouse), then click New Member, and you should be able to go from there. If you can't figure it out, email me your phone number off blog and I'll call you and talk you through it.

Meanwhile, I haven't been eating much. I was so busy working on a project Saturday that I didn't eat a bite until dinner, then I made up some scallops with broccoli and brussels sprouts, ate about a third of the plate, and then wasn't hungry anymore. Sunday I forced myself to eat eggwhites for breakfast, even though I was still in shutdown mode re: food, because I had this fantastic dream just before waking up on Sunday, and I remember some superstition that goes, "If you tell a dream before breakfast, it won't come true." I ate breakfast so as not to take any chances. Then I ate a little cottage cheese during the day, 90 calories worth. 230 calories before dinner. I went over to a friend's house for dinner, and by this time I was finally getting hungry, so when the pasta with vodka sauce was served, I ate quite a bit. Not a great day ON wise, but good on protein and not terrible on calcium. We drank red wine with dinner, so at least I'm getting my daily dose of resveratrol.

More soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home