April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Almost Perfect CR Day

Pre-breakfast (upon rising)
30 ml crangrape to take with creatine and strontium: 30

Breakfast:

1 cup eggwhites, scrambled: 125
1 teaspoon flax oil, on a leaf of kale: 48
wheat bran: ???

Lunch:

1 cup cottage cheese: 160
100 g kale, 100 g romaine lettuce: 60
1 teaspoon flax oil, 1 teaspoon olive oil: 80

Afternoon snack:

Sherm's megamuffin: 200
grocery store sample of small piece of cheese: 50

Dinner:

200 g scallops: 212
100 g broccoli: 28
100 g tomato: 21
cooking wine: 20
large glass of red wine: 120
calcium chewy: 20

Total: 1073

That's if I added right.

Tons of calcium and protein. That's 46 g protein in scallops alone. 24 in the cottage cheese, 29 in the eggwhites, 16 in the megamuffin. No wonder I feel so darned good. I'm swimming in protein.

MR points out that I should lay off the dead sources of protein for awhile, so I'll go back to eggwhites, brewers yeast, etc. for a bit. Am madly loving that breakfast salad... my mom is not so sure about raw kale, but I think it's delicious and so satisfying. That's a serious veggie.

Flax oil continues to rock my world... who knew! This Omega 3 thing is for real.

I've decided to try to hit 1100 consistently, every day, so as to avoid the anxiety spikes that seem to accompany the larger meals. We'll see if this works. 1000 tends to leave me hungry after ten or so days, but I'm hoping that at just around 1100 on a regular basis, especially with high protein and good Omega 3/6 balance, I'll be happy and satisfied.

More soon.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mmm...sherm's megamuffins sound so good!
    S.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Mary Robinson said…

    I still think you should be using a tool. Like the scale, it's really easier than doing it in you head and guessing. The total was 1173 - not 1073! If you used my Access tool, you could be getting cool graphs and charts and things.

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    >1000 tends to leave me hungry after ten or so days, but I'm hoping that at just around 1100 on a regular basis, especially with high protein and good Omega 3/6 balance, I'll be happy and satisfied.

    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

    Hooray for a good Omega 3/6 balance! I've recently taken the _huge_ mental step and added fats to my diet in the form of little fatty fish (sardines) and have taken my weekly calorie target from 1000 to 1150. It's really helped me to remain consistant in my daily calorie intake. Because you're right - after about ten days or so on only 1000 I always found myself needing quite a bit more.

    Also, I just got a food scale and being able to weigh out things has really helped me out Big Time. For instance, according to one source I have, a head of cabbage is 277 calories. But those must be really small cabbages, because after I weighed one of mine and did the math the thing turned out to be 470!!! So now I always weigh *everything*, just to make sure I'm using the right numbers. So now I REALLY AM getting 1150 calories a day, rock solid. Or at least more rock solid than I used to be ;)

    Okay, that is all.
    Good luck with everything!
    *waves*
    Sarah in Chicago

     

Post a Comment

<< Home