April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

First Day on Job

Sorry for the silence bloggiefriends... have been frantically trying to get everything done to successfully begin my new life as fundraiser. So far this has included:

a) asking people for money (thanks to those of you who have already donated!)

b) running all over town looking for a seemingly non-existent cable to connect my computer to my phone so I can have internet service at home (remember, I was always driving to the office in the middle of the night before?)

c) calling those who have donated to the M Prize before to survey them about why they donated, ask them if they'd be willing to donate in a committed fashion (a small amount per month, so that we are building a sustainable, ever-growing stream of income for the Prize), and get their suggestions

d) trying to figure out any way I can get my computer attached to the internet so that I no longer have to be a wandering internet nomad!

Food has been very straightforward. Yesterday:

breakfast: cup eggwhites

morning snack: 80 cals cottage cheese

lunch: salad with romaine, tomatoes, red peppers, blue cheese crumbles, vinegar, and a broccoli stalk

dinner: two cups of vegetable soup (squash, stewed tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, brewers yeast, green peppers), 200 cals walnuts, glass of red wine

today:

it's 1:13 am and all I've eaten is a cup of coffee and 80 cals of cottage cheese, but I'm going to go make myself some lunch. I've been running down info about our current donors, and I'm very excited about talking with some of the most interesting people I've ever come into contact with.

Wish me luck...

3 Comments:

  • At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just curious - I never see any mention of exercise. You are obviously busy, and seem to walk a fair amount. Any regular activity part of your lifestyle?

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    woooooooooo....

    woooooooooo....

    you go girl

    (this message of inspiration and congratulations brought to you by {insert name of anonymous message leaver here})

     
  • At 7:46 PM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    do you like brussels sprouts?
    our food is the same but for that.
    they are my asparagus.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home