April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Wednesday, June 30 -- 800 today?

No, I'm not turning 800! I'm thinking of trying to hit 800 calories for the next three days. I've been thinking about it ever since I read that Liza May eats 800/day. I don't want to do it for too long if it makes my weight crash... there's a lot of discussion in Walford's book about how too fast weight loss actually is a negative for lifespan because it releases fat stored pesticides and toxins into your bloodstream faster than you can detox them. But I want to see what 800 feels like. So I'll give it a try!

11 am -- just ate my 11 am hard boiled egg. That's about 100 calories... they're big eggs. 700 to go!

Just back from lunch... the 800 cal thing is going fine so far. Lunch was my delicious Breakstone cottage cheese pack, full fat, 110 calories, with a salad made up of about 1 cup lettuce (10 cals) topped with fat free dressing (20 cals) and a side of broccoli (about 50 cals at most). I drank water with lunch, then my co-worker and I went for iced coffee, which I drink black, no sugar. Now it's time for some more water... very hot outside today (though of course my office is over air-conditioned. At about 290 calories right now. No problem... got my fat free yougurt in the fridge and some delicous Jersey blueberries to snack on later in the afternoon.

I think my friends really appreciate that I'm not longer chatting them up about CR and food choices. Now that I have my blog, I can devote my chatting time to topics like the war in Iraq and other things over which I have no control.

Afternoon snack... time for Stoneyfield Farm organic yougurt with fresh Jersey blueberries! You know you want some even as you are reading this. Yum yum yum! 80 calories per cup of fresh blueberries, so I measured out a cup. 130 for the yougurt. A great source of antioxidents, and very filling and satisfying. 500 even for the day so far! I've still got 300 left! I think I can do this.

4:30 and I'm a little hungry. Just made plans to pick up salad veggies and make a big salad to have for dinner with my mom, who has just returned from a long trip. As a Weight Watcher, she's very friendly to healthy meals. I'll stop by the store on my way home (I get to leave early tonight... well, after only eight hours of work like a normal person as opposed to the more customary 12.) Of course, I still have work to do at home after dinner, but I won't bore you with the details. Suffice it to say that I will have dinner at home tonight, something that almost never happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home