April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Thursday, September 16, 2004

I Have Clearly Been Assimilated

Hello bloggiefriends,

Very quick update between moving this and that.

Today has been a weird food day. I have almost nothing left in the house and haven't had time to run out. So I cooked up two cups of Trader Joes' soy succotash, with soy beans, lima beans, carrots, bell peppers and corn. I put two tablespoons of bell pepper salsa on it, and also ate 150 cals of olives. A total of 600 calories, 26 g protein. I am almost desperate for eggwhites at this point. Who would have ever thought I would be craving protein? I have clearly been assimilated.

The moving truck comes tomorrow, and I am almost all packed. Tonight I'm taking the cat over in the car. Oh, the cat got sick today too. Had to go to the vet. Is fine now... I'll spare you the detail. He's under a lot of stress with watching his home get packed. I know he will love the new place. It has a balcony! And I kid you not, one entire wall of the bedroom is all mirrors. This would have been hard to take at my pre-CR weight, but at 108, it's a fine thing.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    For a Zonish-type diet with 30% of the calories from fat, a high protein component (25% of calories from protein) seems to enhance weight loss and provide a better long-term maintenance of reduced intra-abdominal fat stores, as compared to a low protein component (12% calories from protein). See PMID: 15303109. (To view a PubMed abstract, go to the PubMed site http://tinyurl.com/f2td and do a search for the #, e.g., 15303109.) Also, protein generally provides great satiety IMO. Interestingly, calories from protein are not as efficiently utilized into energy by the body as compared to calories from fat and carbs. See PMID: 15282028. Thus, eating 300 kcal worth of protein means IMO you are really eating less than 300 kcal (as compared to the same energy intake of carbs or fat), which could spell a lower net energy intake & better CR. 'gotta love that! k

     

Post a Comment

<< Home