April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

No Sleep, Great Contract

It's sorta like "Short Skirt, Long Jacket."

I have had two hours of sleep in the last two days, and I am over at Amber's house now petting him before going home to bed. We just had the last of four ratification meetings for a great contract at one of our largest hospitals... groundbreaking staffing language, good salary increases, holding down health care costs... all excellent stuff. The nurses ratified overwhelmingly.

I did okay on cals and nutrition today, though Living Off the Land is never optimal. Didn't have breakfast, unless you count the piece of cold pizza that I had sometime around 2 am. Did the first meeting at 7:30 am, then took a nap for an hour. Ate lunch at Applebees, where they have a Weight Watchers' menu that is pretty good. Had grilled shrimp with steamed veggies and rice off that menu, 260 cals in the entire dish.

VLC, angel that she is, knew that i had been up all night and was doing four meetings all day, so she made me a tupperware of steamed broccoli! She sent it to my meetings with a co-worker. I enjoyed eating it while on the road, running home to feed cats between meetings. She included soy sauce, knowing how I love salt, but the broccoli was so perfectly steamed to just the ideal steaminess, that I ate it plain!

For dinner I went to a great Italian restauarnt with another co-worker between meetings. In the past, I would have gone crazy on pasta and bread, but I scraped the tomatoes and onions in olive oil and vinegar off the bruchetta they serve when you first sit down and ate them without the bread. Then I ordered a tossed salad with vinegar and a grilled seafood platter that had shrimp, scallops, and calamari (but not fried, just sorta sauteed so rubbery but not breaded) in a garlic white wine olive oil sauce. I figure that covered my protein and fat bases pretty well, though of course with fishy toxins. Still, not bad for no sleep and living off the land.

No time to rest really... off with another giant project tomorrow! But now, to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home