April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Too Exhausted for Words

Had super busy day of very stressful meetings, followed by very stressful sitting in traffic on way to pick up mom from airport, followed by very stressful waiting in line to exchange free ticket voucher for actual e-ticket to Charleston, followed by two hours of sitting in traffic on the way to mom's house. Got to mom's house too late to go out to the performance that a friend of mine was doing tonight that I had wanted to go to, so decided to stop for a salad at the produce store. Went into the produce store, and they had already broken down the salad bar for the night. Argh! Frustrating day! Got some grape tomatoes and a container of broccoli and cauliflower, as well as some wasabi peas. Ate about a three ounces of wasabi peas, the broccoli and cauliflower, and the tomatoes. You know you're CR'd for real when your idea of a snack on the run is broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, and wasabi peas. Drank a glass of red wine. Ate a matzoh with hummus upon dropping my mom off. That's about 170 calories for the amount I ate. Not sure on the veggies or the wasabi peas. Had breakfast at the office cafeteria around 10 am when I discovered that they would make an eggwhite omlet. I had one with spinach, tomatoes, broccoli, onion, and mushroom. Probalby 200 cals there judging from the size and what I know about calorie content of eggwhites.

I am still so sleep deprived that I can barely think. Last night my eyes were fogging out on the drive home from the ratification meetings, and today I spent part of my staff meeting taking notes while lying on the floor. I am just too tired, but no end in sight. Still, I am going to go up to NYC tomorrow for the NY CR Society meeting... I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Must go make more work calls before going to bed.

More tomorrow. Sorry for the lack of philosophical commentary... it's all building in my head, but i haven't had enough time to write it. I'm working on an entry entitled "A Case of Do or Die," named after the lyric in "As Time Goes By"... but it will be a little while before it's out of my head and into the blog.

Thanks to all for your concerned off blog emails... I appreciate the support!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awww, hang in there sleepy-eyes ~

    This being the third morning in a row of waking up at 330am to work, I DO feel your pain ;-)

    BTW, had the greatest glass of red wine ever at Quattro Caffé few days ago called Tignanello, which comprised Sangiovese, Caberne Sauvignon, and Caberne Frank ...and which was soo expensive (even at the "Italian Festival Seasonal" 60%-off price) that my two friends and I had to split one glass in thirds!

    Also, my twin brother discovered the most fabulous CR-friendly food ever for assisting in Living Off The Land. It's called spaghetti squash -- looks like noodles & tastes much better, great glycemic index & only ~40cal/cup -- we've been chomping down all types of Thai & Chinese foods using it instead of noodles or rice. Yah gotta try it. It'll change your life, kiddo! kenton

     

Post a Comment

<< Home