April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

So What's Your Favorite Version of "Personal Jesus?"

Driving home from my best friend's bridal shower on I-76 (that road I used to have to take everyday, in traffic, for hours) I was listening to the radio and heard the Marilyn Manson version. Blasted it really loud... it's been a week that inspires the loud blasting of any version of "Personal Jesus." Back in December I bought the Depeche Mode version on "Violator," one of the greatest albums of the 80's. That plus "Enjoy the Silence" is worth the price of a CD: add "Policy of Truth" and it's a wonder I didn't buy it back in high school.

Sorry I haven't written... Thursday there was something wrong with Blogspot, Friday I was out of town, and today was taken up with bridal shower preparation. It's so bizarre to do these normal girl things in the midst of being an anti-aging warrior.

Thursday I ate:

Lunch = eggwhites, two pints of grape tomatoes (was hungry as had not eaten breakfast) lettuce, onion, green pepper, mushrooms in a touch of seseme oil and vinegar, iced latte

Dinner = about 3 oz free range organic turkey

Friday:

lunch = shrimp over arugula with red peppers

dinner = cottage cheese, carrots with seafood cocktail sauce (that was a late night snack but still post lunch so therefore counts as dinner?), brewers yeast, broccoli, cauliflower and free range organice chicken broth soup, glass of cabernet

Not sure on the total calories. Really need to go back to careful tracking. The last few days have been a mess, mosty due to eating out and travel. Hopefully next week will be calm and I can carefully track to 1000.

Very excited re: New York CR Society meeting next Saturday. I am taking the train up with one of my CR brothers from south Jersey, and possibly his wife. Then after the meeting I'm catching up with my college roommate Samantha who is now a lawyer in NYC and staying over at her place. Even though it will be horribly cold, I am looking forward to a trip to the big city.

More soon.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home