April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Grand Theft Salad

Today I had a long meeting that had lunch included, and I had brought some food along, but there actually turned out to be fairly good food there. For example, there was a giant salad. I ate a big plate of salad topped with artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, balsamic vinegarette, and olives. They also had pickles and pickled tomatoes. That was all fine, but unfortunately I ate a cup of the carrot soup which turned out to be cream-based. It made me feel rather sick... I can eat dairy now, but creamy things are bad bad bad! I really felt stupid for eating the soup. I should know better.

At the end of the meeting there was tons of food left over, so I went on a quest for take out containers, all the while wishing that one of those people who always carries bags around was there. The conference hotel staff refused to give me a container, but one of the nurses at the meeting infiltrated a job fair in the next meeting room and got a bunch of free plastic bags. I ended up filling an American Heart Association bag with a giant amount of leftover salad. That seemed appropriate. So now I have salad for a couple of days, and free!

Went out after the meeting with two friends, had glass of wine. Am now at the office and tired... not a particularly long day, but tons of sitting in traffic. Not sure on the calories because of the stupid carrot soup -- why why why did I eat that? Oh well, the world won't end. I suppose it's good to see me do stupid things from time to time. I had one cup of eggwhites for breakfast, and should probably eat brewers yeast soup for dinner. At least I got a fair amount of veggies and olive oil at lunch.

Thanks to all for the wonderful comments! Dani, the brewers yeast seems to agree with me fine, I'm sorry it's not working for you! And new commenter, welcome! Glad to hear that you find the blog helpful! I just love comments like that, it makes me so happy! We do have fun, don't we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home