April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Chicken. Weird.

I've really been in a quandry as of late re: my protein sources, and I've been craving protein in a big way. Today I thought it would be a good idea to check out some actual meat -- free range, organic, no antibiotics, of course. So I picked up some chicken breasts at the store this morning (I have a great grocery store, filled with lots of organic products) and baked them in a baking pan covered by chardonnay and topped with garlic powder and fresh ground pepper. Baked for an hour. They turned out very juicy and delicious... and my cat thought so as well. Kieffer practically jumped into my lap as I ate. He thinks that's cute.

I hadn't cooked chicken since 1995. All those years as a vegetarian. I feel weird about eating meat, and definitely prefer to eat free range organic. Not sure I'll eat it often, but I'm learning that the more protein I get, the better I feel, and at my low calorie level, beans just aren't an economical protein source. Woman can not live by eggwhites alone.

Breakfast was eggwhites: 125 + flax oil: 40 + salsa:10 = 175

Lunch: 140 g chicken breast: 231 + 100 g arugula: 10ish + flax oil: 40 + olive oil: 40 + salsa: 20 = 341

Mid-morning snack: misto (cafe au lait) 100 with skim milk

Afternoon snack: misto (cafe au lait) 100 with skim

Dinner: 140 g chicken breast: 231 + salad of 100 g kale: 50 + 100 g arugula: 10 ish + 100 g romaine: 17 + olive oil: 80 + salsa: 20

Glass of cabernet: 100

Calcium chewy: 20

1164

Not terrible. Very, very high protein. Perhaps too high. I am craving protein, and I am not sure why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home