April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Eggplant "Lasagna"

Hi bloggiefriends...

Sorry for the delay, lots of M Prize goings-on, very busy!

Yesterday came in at an excellent 1125, if I added correctly (I know, I simply must download DWIDP onto my new computer!!!)

For dinner I made a variation of MR's breakfast salad: 50 g kale, 100 g romaine, 50 g arugula, 1 teaspoon flax oil, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 25 cals of red pepper dressing plus 10 cals of salsa verde. Delicious!

Then I made eggplant "lasagna." Lately, I've been into the pasta-less lasagna. Since I learned how to make fake ricotta out of cottage cheese mixed with garlic powder, basil and oregano, I've been going crazy with the baking pan full of lasagna-esque items. Here's last night's recipe:

400 g eggplant: 96
2 cups cottage cheese (light and lively brand, lowfat) 320
tomato sauce 360
cooking red wine 40
200 g red peppers 54

Slice the eggplant thin and layer as though it were pasta. Cover with layers of cottage cheese mix and red peppers. If you want to be really fancy, roast the red peppers beforehand. Cover each layer with tomato sauce (tomato sauce mixed with cooking red, garlic and oregano).

If you wanted to Zone this recipe, you could add oil or perhaps part skim mozerella?

I totaled up my half of the lasagna (made a pan and divided it into two pieces, one for me, and one for VLC) as 313, and my half of the salad as 122. Add a glass of red wine, and you've got a great meal!

Today was okay -- made my mom eggwhites for breakfast. She came over to help me put subcutaneous fluids into my cat who had kidney disease, and she revealed that all she had eaten that morning was apples with a tablespoon of peanut butter. So I made her 135 cals of eggwhites with some salsa verde. I ate eggwhites with flax oil.

For lunch, I met a friend and ate a greens salad with roasted pears, pecans, and grilled chicken. Balsamic vinegar on the side.

More philosophy soon... sorry for the food-only content, but have been super busy as of late!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home