April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

This Is A Bring Your Own Vinegar Establishment

You remember a few months ago when I blogged about showing up at Panera Bread and ordering a salad with just vinegar, only to be told that they don't carry vinegar? You can imagine my outrage.

Well today I met a friend for lunch at Panera, and having decided to avoid this whole problem, I brought a big bottle of red wine vinegar. But the line was huge and my friend had already ordered, so I decided to just skip the whole thing. I had already eaten at home anyway: 1 cup of cottage cheese (160 cals) and 100 g of kale (50) with a teaspoon of flax oil and a teaspoon of olive oil, (total 80) and some of my red pepper dressing (25 for two tablespoons). Breakfast was a cup of eggwhites (125) and a teaspoon of flax oil (40). Wheat bran (negligible number of cals) After hanging out with my friend while she ate lunch (I did pick an onion and a pepperocini off her plate -- yum!) and I picked up a cafe au lait with skim at Starbucks (80).

Fruitgirl asked me the other day if I had given up skinny lattes. I have not, but MR suggested that I replace the latte which is unfiltered coffee (espresso) with a filtered coffee drink, such as a cafe au lait. I actually like the taste of the cafe au lait better, so this is a good trade. I can't remember why he said to drink filtered coffee instead of unfiltered, but if he says it, that's good enough for me.

Yea S! I'll pressure MR to get that megamuffin recipe up online, and I'll post it to the blog once he does. I'm also thinking of asking Sherm, The Great Muffin Man Himself, what I can do to add more protein to the mix. I think both S and I are twins... we're the same age, and we seem to have the same calorie experiences. I too may just stick with a consistent 1150 -- after last night's brownie event, I'm scared of going too low for fear of setting off too much hunger. High protein, high nutrients, and eating three times a day seems to win the race for me.

Sigh... it was so easy to eat so well at the All Inclusive CR Spa and Resort.

I really need to get my DWIDP onto this computer. It's on the list of things to do.

Note that I Zoned lunch, and had fat with breakfast. Pet me on the head!

Now back to work.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    a, this is too freaky. today out of the blue, instead of my large organic coffee or skinny latte, out of the blue i ordered a cafe au lait. never had one before in my life. it didn't really impress me. perhaps in that i got it "skinnied" and sans sweetener. the sweet barista said the caffine is same in all 3 drinks. i'm sticking to regular organic coffee and occasional skinny latte until further notice.

     
  • At 7:26 AM, Blogger Martha M. Smith (Marti) said…

    From VSM-- Why don't you take that cranberry vinegar I brought back from Boston to Panera? It's a small bottle and you could keep it in your car.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home