April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

I Am Zoning My Breakfast After All!

Just figured out this morning that I have been Zoning my breakfast, but I've been forgetting about because I've been drinking 50 cals of cranberry grape juice upon rising with my creatine. MR gave me creatine to take first thing in the morning with something that has sugar in it... apparently that helps with absorption. I also take my Strontium Support bone building stuff... gave you the link on that a few weeks ago. I have to let all that dissolve for an hour before I eat breakfast, so I guess that's not exactly Zoned, but MR said it's okay, so I'm allowed.

I forgot to count my grape juice when I blogged yesterday, but I also failed to eat my entire vegetable soup and had to tupperware it up, so the calories come out about the same. My mom and I sat down to dinner, which was chicken that she had roasted covered with mangos, grapes, and pineapple (I didn't actually eat the fruits because I had already counted up my calories and done my nutrition) plus a big salad of kale (for me -- mom dislikes raw kale) arugula, and bell pepper. Then we had a big bowl of vegetable soup on the side! We discussed how sometimes the hardest thing about CR is figuring out how to eat all the food!

Last night I took some melatonin, which MR had suggested might help me sleep. It did, until 2:30 am when the people next door apparently invited a herd of elephants over to their apartment (which shares a wall with mine). The elephants ran back and forth across the floor and rattled the closet doors. Then a toddler sounding creature started to scream! Then a car alarm went off outside! GRRRR! And I was doing so well. I took another melatonin which MR says not to do cause it's going to confuse my circadian rhythms. I finally went back to sleep, until 4 am when Kieffer rattled my door to come feed him. He's used to breakfast at about four, so I feed him even if I go back to bed. I went back to bed for a little while, as I had, as usual, been up for a lot of the night. Sigh.


Back to work... writing up results to the MMP donor survey so far.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Try the sustained release melatonin, which means you don't have to take a second dose. Also you need to take it for a period of time (several weeks) before it helps with the circadian rhythms
    http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag96/oct96_abstracts.html

    Lindsay

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Serenity Rose said…

    wow thank you... that was probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me... or at least the nicest thing that i havent taken offence to.. i find it does help when i write, it gets every thing out of m mind. well anyway thanks again...

    Razors

     

Post a Comment

<< Home