April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

What You Always Needed

That's a line from Jesse McCartney's "Beautiful Soul," the only love song I've ever heard that contains the line, "I don't wanna waste your time." And it's the title of this issue, as it deals with my little supplement problem.

Well, we know I have a bit of an issue with some nutrients. And since one of the world's experts in such things is watching me rather carefully, I have gotten some me-specific info that I definitely wanted to act upon asap. So I dragged myself to the health food store and bought the supplements he says I need. No point in doing all this work on my diet and keeping my calories low if I'm missing something essential, right? So I got zinc, flax oil (hey, RK -- omega 3's! I'll let you know how it works!) wheat bran, and decided to deal with the rest of it when I'm in the presence of the expert. For now, you can stop worrying about my zinc and my omega 3's -- do you feel better yet? Calcium, as you read, I've dealt with. Yummy chewy calcium supplements! I am such a simple creature... just feed me something yummy and I'll take my supplements. Too bad AOR doesn't make some kind of knock-off of Hello Kitty Chewable Vitamins... "Good day, cat!"

Today's food:

hard boiled egg -- 70
eggwhite scramble -- 140
cottage cheese -- 80
salad: lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, green pepper, olives, broccoli, vinegar
-- 200
tuna fish with hotdog relish and capers -- 200
piece of seseme bread -- 75? (visiting my mom's carb castle)
glass of Riesling -- 85

going home to take my flax oil. 2 teaspoons -- that's not a tablespoon!

To all my commenters -- thank you! Sorry I haven't written answers to all your questions. Re: fish oil: I need to do an archive search for you, but I've been off my favorite drug -- the CR Society archives -- so that I can focus on my fundraising responsibilities. Cathy from myfoodbuddy.com -- I love your site! Rock on! I suggest that everyone check it out! Re: exercise -- I used to walk 4 miles a day about five days a week. Now I do less since I moved. I need to do more! Need to do weight training again. Strong bones and such. Thanks for the encouraging comments, all.

More soon, bloggiefriends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home