April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Ides of March

Not a bad day, calorie-wise, though I didn't have my brewers yeast, which always means that I'll be lacking in nutrients. Brewers yeast really is my magic superfood. Glad I'm not allergic!

Total cals: 1118
Over 100% on everything except:
66% copper
63% iron
81% magnesium
57% manganese
65% B6
74% thiamine
67% niacin
63% panto acid
69% phospherous
33% zinc

To put this in perspective, if I had eaten two tablespoons of brewers yeast, I would have cleared the RDA's on everything, except for:

48% zinc
77% iron
75% manganese

That's a huge difference.

MR -- is there any problem with me eating brewers yeast every day, as long as I take my zinc supplement? I already searched the archives, thank you very much! ;)

Here's what I ate:

pre-breakfast:
1.5 oz crangrape juice with my creatine and strontium

breakfast:
eggwhites and flax oil

lunch:
salad with cottage cheese, romaine, tomatoes, olives, tiny bit of parmesean cheese, honeydew melon, strawberries, vinegar and olive oil
cup of tomato bisque soup (not a great choice but really yummy and not a disaster)

dinner:
eggplant sauteed in stewed tomatoes with asparagus chopped in, cottage cheese blended in after serving. tastes vaguely like my lasagna dish. I rather undercooked the eggplant though, leading to a bizarre rubberiness.
diet tonic water with lime: it's a ginless gin and tonic! Skipped the wine as will have more than one glass when out tonight at very special party!

Check out my P:F:C ratios for yesterday: 29:32:39.

Zone that, baby!

I had quite a bit of oil and olives, plus the milk based soup, hence a higher fat day than usual. This is a good thing, I think, though it would have been better if all the fat were unsaturated instead of some of it coming from a milk based soup.

So brewers yeast seems to be the order of the day. What did I do before I met it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home