April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

It's VLC's Birthday!

Now I know there are a lot of VLC fans out there! She's kept me company through my entire CR journey, been extremely supportive of my new venture as fundraiser, even though it meant abandoning her at my old job, and she's listened to me quote the CR Society archives for hours without even once threatening my life.

Tomorrow is her birthday! She'll be 24! So tonight some friends and I are taking her out.

Now this is a good example of how averaging makes my life easier. I'm going out tonight to a really good Philly restaurant, and I'll be eating a lot and drinking more than one glass of wine. I saved up yesterday by skipping my night time glass of red. Tonight, I'm going to concentrate on eating high quality food that I really love, high protein, low carb, and enjoying myself. Chances are, I'lll split a salad with VLC, eat some kind of seafood entree, and share maybe a bite of a dessert with the others. Tomorrow, if the snake-like pattern of my eating holds true, I will not be very hungry and will have a low day. That's an okay compromise for now. A far cry from the old days when I'd eat the bread, pasta, a high-sugar foofy drink, and dessert.

I'm very excited about her birthday present. For her birthday, I asked MR to do her supplement plan, based on my crunching of her diet on my software. He did, and I'm picking up the stuff for her next time I'm in Canada. She's into supplements, as well as CR, and she'll just love it. How's that for a personalized gift that keeps on giving? So many gifts aren't good for us, or just aren't that special. This one is really, really special, and is also representative of how much I care about her (I want her to be healthy) and an interest we have in common.

Won't that be fun???

I got her a card that seems most appropriate to a "Live long - live young!" themed gift. It reads:

"Only the good die young. We bitches live forever."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home