April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Friday, July 16, 2004

Friday Feeding

Just back from lunch.  Had a delicious lunch outside on the patio at the Mexican place... same one where they once forced me to order an entree.  Anyway, at lunch they let you order salads, so I had this fantastic salad of spring mix greens (what does that mean anyway?  just an excuse to charge more?) with pineapple chunks, apple wedges, a few toasted pecans, topped with fresh tomato salsa (no oil).  A little dressing on the side, into which I dipped the apples.  The entire thing was maybe 250, between the fruit, salsa, and dabs of dressing.  I ate a hard boiled egg this morning for 100.  I also drank a glass of wine for 100 (slightly more than 4 oz) with lunch, which I can only defend by saying that everyone around me was drinking a 300 or so calorie margarita.  It was beautiful outside and I ate with my two favorite co-workers.  CR doesn't mean giving up your social eating occasions.  It just means eating differently!  Even Dean goes out to eat with his family.  He recently told a story on the list of how he orders a tossed salad when they go out, and the wait staff invariably bring his wife the salad and him the steak. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home