April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Quick Update -- More Later

Been running non-stop for work... back to the usual schedule! 
 
Quick update now, with more to come tomorrow.
 
Wednesday went pretty well, especially considering that I had to eat every meal out.  Breakfast: egg white omlet with tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and green peppers.  Took a friend out for breakfast to celebrate his birthday.  Probably about 300 calories.  Needless to say, I did not eat either the homefries or the toast.  In fact, I asked the waitress to hold both, but she brought homefries.  I let them sit quietly and ignored them.  Had a great late lunch/dinner between meetings at Ruby Tuesday's, which has an excellent salad bar.  Loaded up on every kind of veggie they had, topped with vinegar only, and a couple of chick peas and about .25 cup of cottage cheese.  Couldn't have been more than 200 or 250.  The low point of the day was 1/3 of a slice of pizza at a meeting, but even with that and the one little glass of red wine I drank at a bar between meetings with a co-worker, I stayed in at less than 800.
 
Today was crazy, and I'll write more about it later.  Due to a crisis of traffic followed by a crisis at work, I didn't have time to eat.  Usually, this would be no big deal... I've always been able to go for about 24 hours without eating and be fine.  Not so, apparently, at my new low calorie level.  I was feeling kinda stupid... and accidentally sent a post to the CR list that I meant as a reply to one person!  It wasn't personal or anything, just a question about the times of the conference so I can book my plane ticket, but I really didn't want it to go to 3000 people and annoy every single one!  Luckily, some great folks rescued me by emailing my desperate plea to the moderator.  Further proof that CR folks are the nicest people on earth!  Good thing, because if we're right about all this, we're going to know each other for a long, long time.
 
I finally ate a wonderful spinich salad at four, with a hard boiled egg, mushrooms, and a non-fat dressing.  I feel non-stupid again now.
 
More soon... gotta run to a meeting... but I have lots to tell all of you out there in blogland about, so I'll write a lot tomorrow.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home