April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Stop Aging Now! Ask Me How!

Have you seen people with the bumper sticker that says: Lose weight now! Ask me how!

Well, this weekend, so many people asked me about CR that I thought I must have been wearing a button that said, "Stop Aging Now! Ask me how!"

I went to a wedding in Vermont, where I lived for nine months on a work assignment in 2002, and saw lots of people I hadn't seen in almost two years. As we were catching up, I mentioned that I had started doing CR, and the interest was overwhelming! I pointed a bunch of people to the CR Society website, www.crsociety.org. One thing I found interesting was that people have a hard time understanding that CR is not a diet, weight loss is only a side effect, not the purpose. Also difficult to grasp was the idea that there is no one way to eat and no foods you have to give up. I hope interested parties will check out the CR society website, as it's very informative and answers pretty much every question you could think of. I still consult it almost daily, especially to search the archives.

Meanwhile, my plans to come in early and fill you in on the weekend's adventures was thwarted by rain, which caused my drive to work to take almost two hours (people on I - 76 feel like they have to slow down to 2 miles an hour to stare at the rain if it even starts to sprinkle here.) So I'll have to come in early tomorrow to catch up. In short, I had a pretty good eating weekend, though I went over 800 on the day of the wedding. More first thing tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home