April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Friday, July 02, 2004

Friday, July 2 -- 800 Calorie Challenge enters Day 3!

So far so good. I was feeling a little funny this am, but seem fine now. It's 11:20 am and I haven't eaten anything yet, which is normal for me. I have packed cottage cheese, egg, broccoli, blueberries, yougurt, peach, and tomatoes. I'll put the tomatoes over lettuce today at lunch. Then tonight I'll hit a greater variety of veggies at the salad bar. I know I'm loading up on blueberries, but I really want to take advantage of them while they're in season.

11:37 am. Ate cottage cheese. 110 calories.
I am really appreciating my food now that I'm trying 800/day. 1100 was too easy for me. I think that 800 is probably my real level to obtain CR benefits. It's interesting to talk to other CR practitioners about how they have arrived at their calorie levels. It varies a lot from person to person.

Shortly before lunch I drank a cranberry Emergen-C drink... 30 calories, 1000 mg of C and 1000 mg of cranberry powder. Then at lunch I ate about a 60 calorie salad of romaine and tomatoes with fat free dressing. That will bring the total so far to: 200. Something odd may be happening because I'm not hungry, and it seems late in the day (3:30 p) to have eaten only 200 and not be hungry. If anyone has any thoughts, please comment! It can't be ketosis because I've had plenty of carbs, and I'm pretty familliar with that feeling. I just feel calm, happy and healthy. And with 600 calories left to play around with tonight!

I'll be away from my computer all weekend, so don't be alarmed if there are no posts till Tuesday. Will I stay on the 800 calorie challenge? Tune in Tuesday to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home