April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Friday, July 02, 2004

Did I make 800 on Day 2 of the 800 Calorie Challenge?

I think so.

So I went home last night, sat in traffic for about an hour on the way there, and broke out the salad upon entering the apartment. Romaine, grape tomatoes, and a little green pepper, topped with white balsamic vinegar and some shakes of a lemon pepper dill herb and spice mix I have (it's dried, no cal). The salad was about 40 calories max... I was still somewhat full from the peach, and I drank a bottle of water with the salad. So I went back to making work calls (my job requires me to be on the phone a lot) and wondered what to do with my remaining 120 ish calories. Then just as I was finishing work calls at about 8:30 a friend who works in the area called me and asked if I wanted to meet for dinner. I said I had already eaten but would be happy to accompany him and chat while he ate. We went to the neighborhood Chinese buffet/restaurant, and I drank a glass of wine while he ordered off the menu. So I spent the last of my calories on wine... not a great choice, but not terrible. I also ate a fortune cookie. I have to find a calorie count for that. I may have gone a touch over 800 with the fortune cookie, but certainly not more than 820 total for the day. Not bad. Still feeling good. Tonight is looking at apartments near my office (that 1 hour + commute is getting really old) and I think I'll get dinner at the fabulous salad bar at the grocery store near here. I feel the need for some variations in my vegetable choices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home