April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, July 26, 2004

A Search of the Archives -- Or, A Fun Time with Tofu Ruined

So now I'm reading all this horrible stuff about tofu.  I wonder how long it would take me to learn how to make Dean's meal (if you haven't checked out Dean's site, you really must.)  I am really frustrated by what I thought was a good idea turning out to be perhaps a bad one. 

Of course, there are conflicting opinions on soy as on everything.  But when there are conflicts of opinion, I tend to go with the one that appears to have the most evidence supporting it. 

Yikes.  If you didn't really, really like this nutra-obsessing stuff, this blog would be really, really boring. 

Maybe I'll eat an egg.  

I have to get away from the archives for at least twenty-four hours.  This is making me crazy.  Also, some of the old posts are so funny that they cause me to laugh loudly, which makes everyone in the Kinkos turn around and glare. 

2 Comments:

  • At 4:17 AM, Blogger Willie said…

    April,

    I like your decision of fat added to your diet. I believe you are on the correct thing now. On the other hand, I think you have not to swallow a spoonful of olive oil for eating fat... If you found not having used oil that day, try eating nuts as raw almonds or hazelnuts. You would add a lot of micronutrition to your daily meals. If you used oils in your cooking, then you could skip those nuts. I also eat some flax or sesame seeds when in that situation.

    And about tofu... I don't believe in it. If for any weird reason I crave or have to eat soy, I go for the fermented stuff, like tempeh (in Japan they have natto too). Is far better.

    Luck!

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    a spoonful of oil!!! that's so hardcore.
    how about a quarter of avacado? have you
    ever had the soft flesh of a young coconut?
    an amazing good fat for a weekly treat/fat
    quota fulfillment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home