April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Friday, August 27, 2004

And I Was Wrong About the Outkast Quote Too!

The quote that was my title yesterday is not from the shake it like a poloroid picture song, it's from "I love the way you move." I knew that. I just completely spaced out. Work is very very busy, and I am appreciating the added calm that my low calorie levels seem to impart more than ever. Before CR, I would be experiencing all that I'm doing at work and moving my apartment as stress. Now, it's exciting challenge. Of all the short term benefits of CR, this is my favorite one.

Will do some more research on the nutritional vs. brewers yeast front when I'm back at a free computer and have some time. Very crazy day today, packing to move, at Kinko's now.

Last night's dinner was great... eggplant, peppers and tomatoes stuffed with brown rice, herbs, veggie insides, and covered with yogurt sauce, melon for dessert. Very nice visit as well. They asked me a lot of questions about CR but were friendly and interested, not freaked out and defensive. Some people seem to really go crazy when you suggest that eating the standard American diet might be something you choose not to do. I don't really know the calorie count, but I was fairly low when I left for dinner so I imagine I stayed right around target.

I appreciated my helpful comments... thanks, bloggie friends! I'll get back to you once I've done some more research. I rather enjoyed being called a rational person. Meanwhile, today will be a lot of fruits and vegetables.

One thing that I think is important to remember is that we all approach CR differently. Some of us are more artistic and make beautiful creations out of our meals (See Willie's pictures at www.croning.blogspot.com), some of us are poetic like Fruitgirl, some of us are extremely practical like Mary, and some of us enjoy the puzzle of getting enough nutrients into very few calories. I may get frustrated from time to time, but no more so than a chess player working on his next move. He doesn't want to leave the game, he just wants to win!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    the kind i've love for years and has boosted all my rda's over the top, letting me be vegan again is
    Red Star Nutritional Yeast. i heard it is the only nutritional yeast that contains vit b 12. also tastes
    soooooooo good.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home