April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Our Lady of Perpetual Exhaustion

Well, I went out tonight, in spite of the terrible exhaustion I feel after being up at 4 am for work every day this week including today, because I find it important to continue doing fun things with friends even during the busy times at work, or else one risks insanity.

But now I am tired tired tired, and so glad that I can sleep in the morning! It will be my only morning off for awhile so I'd better enjoy it while I can.

Met friends in Chinatown for dinner, had delicious steamed vegetables with just a bit of soy sauce that I added myself. Veggie dish included steamed broccoli, water chestnuts, snap peas, little leafy green stems of some kind, carrots, peppers and onions. I ate about four bites of rice, three slices of an orange, and a fortune cookie. My fortune read, "You are a very straightfoward and honest person." No kidding. This is a trait that has gotten me in trouble in the past. But as I said a few days ago, I have been a fool for lesser things.

We went out to a bar called the Las Vegas Lounge after dinner, and I was afraid to ask for a wine list, so I had a $3 cosmopolitian that was mostly cranberry juice. Then I called it quits and went home. Now I'm going to bed. I think I stayed on or about target today. Junkie carbs, not enough protein, lame attempt to eat fat with olives, olive oil phobia continues, I know, I'm going to hell. Take thirty minutes off my life. I'm going to bed.

I'll outlive all of you anyway. Oh yes I will. And I'll look smashing at your funeral.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home