April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, August 02, 2004

Birthday Lunch Out at Work

Birthday lunch out.

Had: Greek salad with shrimp, dressing on the side, glass of cabernet.

I'm guessing 2 oz of Feta cheese, for 8 grams of protein and 150 cals. Romaine, tomatoes, green peppers -- no more than 50. Shrimp -- myfoodbuddy.com isn't very helpful here, but I'm going to guess based on their figures that about 4 steamed shrimp = about 100 cals and 21 grams of protein. Add that to the 28 grams for 200 cals I got earlier today in my morning berry whey protein shake, and PROTEIN = DONE! About tiny bit of chopped black olives and a little vinegarette dressing for maybe 100 cals, with some good fats thrown in. 85 calories on the wine.

So without being too sure due to the inexact nature of restaurant food, I'd say I've eaten just under 700 calories so far today. It's not far from 3 pm and I don't have any plans for tonight, so I think I will just eat some steamed brussels sprouts tonight and leave it at that.

Remember, I ate a lot over the weekend, so my weekday averages may be low this week. Except for Wednesday night when I am going out for yet another birthday dinner!




1 Comments:

  • At 3:01 AM, Blogger Willie said…

    How many birthdays do you celebrate, dear? (LOL)

    Shifting gears: sure you are realizing how easy is to get the protein you need with clean animal stuff without ingesting the lot of calories/carbohydrates you'd need if you were trying it by eating beans/grains. This is good because of several things, as not worrying about B12, having more zinc and getting those good EPA and DHA; but when CRONing, the best of it is by far, you can eat a lot more vegetables, what is more nutrition as phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home