April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Oil -- It's not just for your car anymore!

I know what you mean about olive oil and light switches... before I joined the CR Society and started reading the list, I felt the same way about oil.  Like, oil, that's something I get changed in my car every 3000 miles, right? 

But now I firmly believe that if we're in it for the long haul, we've got to get our fats and not just any fats, but the right kinds of fats.  Now for us long term fat-phobes, we're okay with leaving the saturated fat to the Big Mac and fries crowd.  But we've got to totally re-train ourselves to get our good fats.  Same with protein.  If we don't, we won't live as long or nearly as healthy as we can.  And if I could train myself to avoid almost all fat back in the day, then I can certainly learn to eat the right ratios of fat, carb and protein and the right kinds of fats, right?  Or so I tell myself... as you can see, it's a daily struggle.  I just drank some of my green protein shake.  It was... interesting.

Thanks for all your comments!  It's great to hear from you!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home