April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Sunday, August 01, 2004

CRON Makes Your Fingers Smaller

Hey blog,

Rough weekend. Witnessed horrible accident yesterday when a young woman was hit by a car in my little town. She'll be okay, probably, but rather upsetting. The worst part was that her mother was in a dress shop trying on clothes with her, and came out in what appeared to be a Mother of the Bride dress. The look on her face when she found out that her daughter had been hit by a car was even worse than the accident itself.

Sorta cut into my plans for consuming another high protein berry shake.

Happened on my morning walk, and really killed my appetite. Dinner was my big birthday celebration, but by then I was somewhat feeling better. Ate a lot less than I would have in al days, but I had intentionally picked a place where I knew it would be okay to order appetizers or salads. Had a cheese plate and a bowl of onion soup. I was exhausted (I was up as usual at 4:45 am on Sunday morning... I actually have night owl friends on the west coast with whom I chat on the phone from time to time when I've just gotten up and they haven't gone to bed yet!) but everyone wanted to go bar hopping (bar hopping with a crowd of 11 is interesting, but doable in un-crowded Philly.) As it was my birthday party, I rose to the occasion and agreed to hop to one but only one bar. So I had red sangria at the bar. Only one person looked concerned with what I was eating or not eating at dinner, but I raved about how good the soup was and it seemed fine.

Between Friday and Saturday nights (I'll tell you about Friday night later, because it did not bode well for my breakfast experiment but I know I can't make any judgements based on one day.) you can add quite a bit onto my calorie totals for next week. I think I ate 1700 on Friday total and about 1300 yesterday. Not great nutritionally (not even moderately acceptable nutritionally on Saturday, though Friday was quite good, lots of good fats and greens but more on that later) but I'll make up for it all week. Whey powder, here I come! And I have this interesting thing I'm thinking about doing with black beans. I'll let you know how it turns out.

For my birthday, my mother gave me my great-grandmother's diamond wedding band. My great-grandmother passed it on to my grandmother, who gave it to my mother. It's tiny and delicate and I love it! I was planning to wear it on the ring finger of my right hand, but my fingers are smaller! So I'm wearing it on the middle finger of my right hand where it fits perfectly! Do CR folks all have to get their rings re-sized?

Can't wait to get to work Monday and see if my software has arrived. All this estimating is driving me crazy, and my brain can't process the bin packing problem over and over again without knowing what needs to go in the bin!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home