April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Friday, July 30, 2004

Like Lambs to the Slaughter

After lunch today my co-workers noted that there was an Ice Cream Social our office building... an ice cream truck pulled up to the front door and everyone was getting free treats.  Needless to say, I politely declined.  The men ate Dove bars, VLC ate a little rainbow 90 calorie fruit bar.

I was thinking... perhaps my house warming party when I move in should be called an "Anti-Ice Cream Social." 

Lunch was good... about a cup of lettuce (10) with a few slices of beets, about 1/2 cup worth-- 30ish cals.  Steamed broccoli, about 50 cals worth, fat free salad dressing for 20, and my 100 calorie measured portion of olives and olive jar juice.  Very yummy!  It may seem odd to eat olives and fat free salad dressing, but the salad dressing choices in the cafeteria have suspicious looking oil in them, and until I make my own salad dressing based on olive or canola oil, I don't want to use the full fat ones.  I like olives... maybe I'll make an olive salad dressing.  Like my tapenade that I wrote about yesterday, but with some red wine vinegar and some more olive oil and caper juice.  That would be really good.  210 calories for lunch, and finally the cruciferous veggie I'd been craving.  My online calorie counter is telling me that the beets had just over 1 gram of protein and the broccoli had 5.  So now I'm up to 53 grams.  Wow.  This is just not that hard, when my day starts with a whey protein shake.   A search of the archives... it may cause your food world to come crashing down, but it can also yield some helpful recipes.  Right around 600 so far today, and completely restored from last night's fish inspired mildly ill feeling. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home