April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Friday, August 20, 2004

I Have Been a Fool For Lesser Things

Nice line from a Billy Joel song I heard while driving this morning.

Yesterday I was under target, and I think exhaustion was to blame, though it might have something to do with the heat and the fact that I had been over target the day before, which tends to make me less hungry the following day.

Last night I ate a 1 cup eggwhite scramble, 140 calories, 27 g protein. I was too tired to face a whey shake. That plus a tiny glass of red wine (not together, separated in time by a couple of hours... no wants to drink wine with eggwhites) left me at just 621 calories, by my software's count, but at 58.7 g protein. I was just so tired! I really have not been getting sleep, with my crazy work schedule, and I crashed out last night at 8:45 pm! But considering that I get up at 4 these days, it makes sense.

Slept until 4:45 am today, so I didn't have time to make my shake or my scramble. At the office have eaten: 1 cottage cheese (90 cals, 11 g protein) and a salad with lettuce, tons of broccoli, a teaspoon of chopped olives, and fat free dressing (total about 60 cals on the salad) and 1 hard boiled egg (70 cals, 7 g protein.) I am still exhausted but will probably not work late tonight and will go to bed very early again, so as to be up and chipper at 4 again tomorrow! My work doesn't stop just because it's Saturday!

Plan for the weekend:

1) Work work work.
2) Packing the house... moving in less than a month.
3) Taking home laptop with nutritional software, and reading up in all my books on the nutrients in which I consistently come up low. Designing ways to get them without adding too many calories.
4) Attempt at spending some social time with friends.
5) Get my hair cut. I'm starting to look like Princess Leia in Return of the Jedi. Just the hair, not the gold bikini.
6) Deal somehow with the fact that I can't wear any of my old suits, and I need to wear a nice suit at an important meeting on Monday morning. Am thinking the upscale consignment shops might be able to fix me up.

I'll write over the weekend, don't worry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home