April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

A Day Without Whey

Or at least a morning without whey. I was running out the door this morning... didn't have time to make my whey shake or my eggwhite scramble. It will actually be an interesting experiment in what happens with hunger if I don't eat until later in the day on a day when I am out the door for work at 5:30 am. I wasn't too hungry this morning, which is normal, since I have only recently begun to eat breakfast. I ate a cottage cheese at around 10:30 am. I was very hungry in the evening yesterday. These long days make it harder to control hunger. Usually, I don't find hunger to be much of a problem. It's going to be a challenge as my work days continue to stretch from 5:30 am to after 8 pm.

I'm worried about my protein for the day. I have a salad, crucifer soup, red peppers with olive oil and vinegar, and a fruit salad in the fridge at work. But I need to get some serious protein. A quick consultation of my nutritional software informs me that I won't get much protein for my calories if I eat the chickpeas that are on the salad bar at the office cafeteria. I may end up having to drink a whey shake when I get home from work tonight. It's such the protein magic bullet!

Meanwhile, it's another crazy day. It looks like I won't have a day off for a long long time. That's actually good in many ways because when work is busy it means that things are going well.

Last night I went over target. We took VLC out for drinks after work for her anniversary, and I drank two glasses of wine instead of the scheduled one. I know, I'm going to High Carb Hell. Can't I at least graduate to High Carb Purgatory? I'm eating 60 + g of protein these days! I know, I probably need more. High Carb Limbo?

Today I will find a way to get my protein, somehow.

More thoughts coming soon... I have a draft of a post, but I'm waiting on some more info before I finish it.

Where's Fruitgirl? I am worried about her... her blog seems to have disappeared.

Okay kids. It's later, and I've plugged in the food I have for today that I just told you about into my software. It's saying I have 29 g protein. Some of it is in the soymilk in the cruciferous soup. Some is in the cottage cheese. Where's the rest? Cauliflower and broccoli? Please enlighten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home