April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Very Big Rush

Just the basics today, bloggiefriends, more tomorrow. Have approx two mins to write before rushing out to yet another meeting:

Yesterday's total: 1050. Got two big salads, one with arugula. 67 g protein for the day. Even ate some fat in the form of olives.

Today so far:

whey shake 160 cal 28 protein
cottage cheese 90 cal 11 protein
too exhausted to stand vegetable soup, but spilled the broth in a bag buring my hands so fewer calories than it would have had: about 100 cals, probably only trace protein
salad: 2 cups romaine lettuce 20 cals, fat free dressing 20 cals, exactly 90 cals worth of kalamata olives.

total so far today if my math is correct: 480 cals, 39 protein, and some fat, though not sure how much

Ate for just before leaving office snack my tofu tomato thing, which has 22.33 grams of protein and 240 cals. Total so far today of 720, with 61.3 g protein, plus about 120 calories from good fats from the olives plus the seseme oil in the tofu dish. Not sure about how the fat in tofu measures up... will have to do another search of the archives for that. Of course, that will yield lots of info about why I should not eat tofu at all. Like I said before, a search of the archives may solve your immediate problem but will point out ten other problems you didn't even know you had. But hey, I'm eating breakfast now, eating way more protein than ever, even starting to get some fat! It's a long way from those high carb no fat days.

Will hope to grab a salad between meetings. Rest of the day might be difficult, foodwise... not sure if I'll have time to eat at all. Hopefully will because by the time I get home from work after ten tonight I will probably be too tired to eat. It's supposed to flood again here tonight, which always makes for interesting driving.

The biggest excitement is that when I walked in this morning my software was finally on my desk! Almost a month to the day after I ordered it! Yea! I am so excited! I can't wait to play with it all weekend... in addition to working a ton, having my local CRON get together, cooking my farmers' market veggies, and making some attempt to do social activities.

Wait! I just ate a kiwi! Add 45 cals, so 765 so far today.

Anybody know of any good desserts that use kiwi and eggwhites? Like a kiwi meringue pie? Low cal, or course? Is this another impossible task, set out for those who desperately need magnets for their fridge?


More more more soon...

3 Comments:

  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    for recipies the most important ingredient is air, next to egg white. aeration of soufflés, meringues, cakes and the like.

    whisk up the volume of the egg white to seven or eight times. a large bowl to hold more air.
    2 minutes at slow speed, then 1 minute at medium, and at the highest speed til the required stage.

    if to be folded into other ingredients as for a cake, mousse or soufflé, peaks should be soft.

    for meringue, it should stand up in peaks.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    ps. have you tried whipping the eggwhites for your
    scramble? i haven't. yet.

     
  • At 4:28 AM, Blogger Willie said…

    April, I use to make a home made ice cream, just by freezing some chunks of banana or apple, I always try to have got in a bag in the freezer. Then, I put some pieces of this frozen fruit (only one kind at a time), an add just one kiwi and two egg whites in a blender; I whip it for a long time until really creamy... You will enjoy a really delicious ice cream!

    See you soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home