April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Monday, August 16, 2004

Back to the Long Hours

Hello, Blog,

Not much time to write today... my life is going back to normal, which means twelve + hour days in which I leave for work at 5:30 am and get home after 9 pm. Lots of on-call element to my job... dropping everything to go meet a nurse somewhere, etc. So I am running today.

Had to be at a hospital at 6:30 am so got up at 4 am, which is not unusual for me at all... as I mentioned before, I am programmed to be up early after all these years. Couldn't quite face the whey at that hour though, so I scrambled an extra batch of eggwhites to pack for work. Have eaten one already, and a banana. For lunch, I have an arugula salad with scallions and celery and 90 cals worth of kalamata olives, a "cream" of cauliflower soup, made with a little soy milk and lots of salt and pepper, and a tomato tofu without the tofu... just tomatoes and scallions sauteed in toasted seseme oil with a little soy sauce and fresh ground pepper. I forgot my cottage cheese, so tonight I may eat it when I get home.

Got attacked by jelly beans yesterday.... I usually don't even like that sort of thing! Ick! Ate quite a few, felt very sick later. Was having a good day till then... hard boiled egg, tomatoes marinated in ground tomatillos with cilantro and a hot chile pepper, whey shake. Ate a delicious dinner, after getting home from work... scallops marinated in this kiwi lime sauce with sauteed red peppers, arugula salad. If it weren't for the jelly beans, it would have been an almost perfect day.

More when I can. Missing you terribly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home