April's CR Diary

A diary of a 30 year old woman following CRON, or Caloric Restriction with Optimal Nutrition, for health and life extension.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Light Day -- Preparing for Dragon at Dinner

Hello out there in blogland! Thanks for the nice comment! Practicing CRON has given me the opportunity to meet such nice people! It's also given me a lot of opportunities to reflect on my imperfections... both in my diet and in my writing. So it's nice to get positive feedback!

I've been eating light today, due to the anticipated big dinner of roasted dragon tonight. (If you're just tuning in now, check out the previous entry so that you're not confused into thinking that I'm going to eat a dragon.) So far today: egg (70 cals, 7 protein), salad of lettuce (10), fat free dressing (20), beet slices (15ish), about 1 cup broccoli (50 cals, 6 g protein), lowfat cottage cheese (90 cals, 1.5 g saturated fat, 2.5 g total fat, 11 g protein.) 255 calories so far today, and 24 g of protein. I'll eat cheese tonight at dinner, so that will probably do me for protein for the day. And there will be olive oil in the French food.

This will probably be all for today. More tomorrow.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:32 AM, Blogger Willie said…

    I must say I'm really impatient for seeing how did you managed the whole thing!. We both know how well Mary Robinson takes this situations.

    Looking forward your next post!! And wishing you luck!

     
  • At 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    April, you mentioned that you were going to shop for egg whites because you don't have the patience to de-yolk an egg. I haven't seen just egg whites in the store except for EggBeaters, which you prefer to avoid. But de-yolking only takes a second or two with good technique. Just crack an egg in half and pour the yolk into the empty half of the shell, while letting the white flow into a pan. Then flip the yolk into the food disposal or garbage and -- Voila! You have cut out the middle man in bringing egg whites to your table. Howard (formerly Anonymous)

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger fruitydog said…

    fruitgirl<---- also on pins and needles, impatiently
    waiting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home